It’s simple, really, to change careers. Not easy, but simple.
Part 1: Answer some key questions
- What energizes you?
- What are your talents and strengths?
- How do you hold yourself back and get in your own way?
- Where is there demand for what you’re offering, and how can you communicate your fit for those positions?
Part 2: Specify exactly what you want:
- What are the job titles you’re pursuing? (Get specific here. The more precise you can be, the better you’ll be able to hit your target.)
- What industry do you want to be in? (Nonprofit, healthcare, manufacturing, renewable, transportation, IT, education, etc.)
- Where geographically do you want to work?
- What are 10 target companies that you want to pursue?