This project has turned out to be bigger than I anticipated.
Which is good. Like careening down a water slide faster than you anticipated. That kind of good.
My goal is to hear from as many of you as possible, so I’d like to shift the rules to make it more do-able for people who are racing to keep up as well as those who join later in the process.
- In order to get a free session with me at the end of this project, send me responses to at least 25 of the questions. Yes, this is dramatically different from what I said in the beginning, and I’m getting feedback that it’s too much to keep up with. For some people, it seems cathartic and useful to respond daily, so keep doing that! And if you’re feeling overwhelmed, respond when you set aside time for yourself, when you are compelled to respond, or when you’re prompted by whatever force works for you.
- If you responded to the bonus question that was included in the first auto-responder (I’ve since removed it as a bonus question — it’s still there as an example question) that still counts as responding to 10 questions for early sign-ups — gotta reward those of you who’ve been in on it from the beginning!
- I’d like you to respond to at least 2 of the check-in surveys that I send during the project (first one is below) and tell me everything about your experience that you think would help me adjust this year’s experience, create content for the book, and distill info for next year if I run the project again. Plus, I just want any other insight that seems helpful.
- You can send responses and surveys to me at any time between now and December 31, so even though I said your response had to be sent within 7 days of the question being posted, that’s not true anymore — just doesn’t seem realistic. Plus, people keep hopping on board, and if you want to go back and respond to the earlier questions (there is a reason for the order), this gives you the freedom to do it.
- We’re still on the honor system — I’m not tracking anything. That’s up to you. At the end of the project, I’ll send out a link to my calendar, and you’ll schedule yourself.
Here’s What I’m Noticing
I love hearing from you!
- People are opening their hearts and minds and souls and I cannot express how honored I am to hear from you
- Golly, you are great writers!
- I’d like to write you back every time you send me something, particularly when you share something vulnerable. And at the same time, I’m swimming upstream here and I haven’t read everything that everyone’s sent. I still want you to keep writing and sending your answers. I’ll read it all before we meet to review your responses.
I’ve been wrestling with WordPress, and most of the times, I think I’ve won. I’ve still working through technical glitches, and I’ve now discovered my next career: social media expert! Not.
Now for the Survey
I’d like to know what it’s going for you. Whether you’re writing to me with your responses or not, would you take a few minutes with this quick 6-question survey?