What happens when you come back from a week-long vacation to 500+ emails? You unsubscribe. Ruthlessly.
Here’s what didn’t get cut:
- Career Contessa: Smart, well-written advice. My latest favorite post: How to Ask for a Raise (it includes a template).
- Careershifters: Career change experts. Great ideas within a thriving community. It’s my dream to work with these folks when I grow up. I love their energy and their ideas are solid.
- The Muse: Whenever I need quality content about any career-related topic, this is my go-to. I share their interview-prep guide more than any other resource.
- Next Avenue: Insight for people 50+, some career-related. Recent favorite article: 2018 Influencers in Aging.
- Career Thought Leaders: A curation hub for all things career-related. Plus the annual Career Industry Trends is a must-read for career professionals and anyone who wants to keep their finger on the pulse of what’s happening in the industry.
- Ask a Manager: Real content from someone who’s been in the trenches in HR.
- Introvert Dear: There’s a career section for this blog, but I don’t confine myself to that realm on this site – great ideas throughout.
- Big Think: Keeping my finger on the pulse of emerging trends.
- Matt Thomas’s New York Times Digest: Let’s face it. I’m too lazy to read the whole New York Times, and I really don’t need to because I get this semi-regular newsletter in my inbox that allows me to skim headlines for an eclectic mix of great articles.
- Daniel Pink’s
Pinkcast: Short (usually <2 minutes) videos that offer useful tidbits on topics such as giving feedback and quitting your job.
There you have it. Oh, wait! Bonus content: Nick Corcodilos has an Ask the Headhunter column that’s reliably full of great suggestions.